- GitHub issues, pull requests, tags or merges
- GitLab issues and merge requests
- Gerrit changes
- Log messages
- Stack Overflow answers
- Docker images
- Crates.io (Rust)
- Features in the Rust compiler
- Discourse forums
- New software releases
- Posts to mailing lists
- Something else (pull)
- Something else (push/webhook)
Waiting for GitHub issues, pull requests, tags or merges
Simple type @SnoozeThis followed by the URL of the GitHub issue or pull request. SnoozeThis will reply once the issue has been closed, the pull request merged, the tag created, or the commit has been merged into a branch.
- @SnoozeThis https://github.com/SnoozeThis/playground/issues/1
- @SnoozeThis https://github.com/SnoozeThis/playground/pull/2
- @SnoozeThis https://github.com/SnoozeThis/playground has tag v1.0.0
- @SnoozeThis https://github.com/SnoozeThis/playground/issues/1 has label waiting-for-rollout
- @SnoozeThis https://github.com/SnoozeThis/playground/issues/1 doesn't have label unactionable
- @SnoozeThis https://github.com/SnoozeThis/playground/issues/1 has new comments
- @SnoozeThis https://github.com/SnoozeThis/playground/issues/1 has new comments by Jille
- @SnoozeThis https://github.com/SnoozeThis/playground/tree/live contains abcdefabcdef
Waiting for GitLab issues and merge requests
You can let SnoozeThis wait for GitLab issues and merge requests to be closed. More blockers on GitLab are coming soon, but do let us know what you need.
- @SnoozeThis https://gitlab.com/you/project/-/issues/1
- @SnoozeThis https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/merge_requests/83826
Waiting for Gerrit changes to be merged
Simply paste the URL to a Gerrit change and we'll wait for it to be merged.
- @SnoozeThis https://flutter-review.googlesource.com/c/recipes/+/28280
Waiting for a log message to (re)appear
You might want to wait for a logline to occur in your logging system. Maybe you've added some debug logging and you're waiting for the bug to trigger again. SnoozeThis can integrate with your logging system of choice and wait for whatever you're waiting for. Get started at https://github.com/SnoozeThis-org/logwait and integrate your logging setup with us. Set it up once, then snooze forever.
To create a snoozeable link, go to the webpage of your Observer process.
- @SnoozeThis http://logs.internal/?hostname=sleepy&message=.*oom-killer.*
Waiting for Stack Overflow answers
If you posted a question on stackoverflow.com (or any of the other Stack Exchange websites), you can let SnoozeThis wait for an answer (any answer), an accepted answer or new answers (the default behaviour).
- @SnoozeThis https://stackoverflow.com/questions/602237/where-does-hello-world-come-from
- @SnoozeThis https://stackoverflow.com/questions/602237/where-does-hello-world-come-from has accepted answer
- @SnoozeThis https://stackoverflow.com/questions/602237/where-does-hello-world-come-from has answers
- @SnoozeThis https://stackoverflow.com/questions/602237/where-does-hello-world-come-from has more answers
Waiting for Docker images
You can have SnoozeThis wait until new Docker images are published. You can wait for new images, new tags, and for digests to change.
- @SnoozeThis ghcr.io/jille/dockpin has tag v0.4.0
- @SnoozeThis ghcr.io/jille/etcd-config-dispenser has changed
- @SnoozeThis ghcr.io/you/your-new-projects exists
- @SnoozeThis https://hub.docker.com/_/postgres has tag 14
- @SnoozeThis example.com/your/image has changed
Waiting for some time
You can have SnoozeThis wait for a period of time.
- @SnoozeThis wait for 3 minutes
- @SnoozeThis wait for 1 year
- @SnoozeThis wait until 2024
- @SnoozeThis wait until Jan 2nd 2024
- @SnoozeThis wait until 6pm
- @SnoozeThis wait until tomorrow
- @SnoozeThis wait until 2 days before 2025
- @SnoozeThis wait until 5pm in Europe/Amsterdam
- @SnoozeThis wait until next week
Waiting for crates.io (Rust)
You can make SnoozeThis wait for a new version of a Rust crate.
- @SnoozeThis https://crates.io/crates/rand
Waiting for features in the Rust compiler
Are you waiting for a pull request to be built into the Rust compiler? This'll wait for the PR to be merged, released and built by the CI.
- @SnoozeThis rust-lang.org/stable contains https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/94644
- @SnoozeThis rust-lang.org/beta contains https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/94644
- @SnoozeThis rust-lang.org/nightly contains https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/94644
Waiting for Discourse forums
You can monitor topics on Discourse forums.
- @SnoozeThis https://meta.discourse.org/t/welcome-to-meta-discourse-org/1
- @SnoozeThis https://meta.discourse.org/t/welcome-to-meta-discourse-org/1 is closed
- @SnoozeThis https://meta.discourse.org/t/welcome-to-meta-discourse-org/1 has 10000 views
- @SnoozeThis https://meta.discourse.org/t/welcome-to-meta-discourse-org/1 has 50 likes
- @SnoozeThis https://meta.discourse.org/t/welcome-to-meta-discourse-org/1 has more likes
Waiting for new software releases
SnoozeThis understands release-monitoring.org URL's so you can block your snooze on new software releases.
- @SnoozeThis https://release-monitoring.org/project/3627/
Waiting for Linear
You can wait for issues on Linear to close.
- @SnoozeThis https://linear.app/your-org/issue/ISS-1/test-issue
Waiting for posts to mailing lists
Waiting for someone to reply to a mailing list? Waiting for your own post to be approved by moderation?
For this to work we need to be a member of the mailing list. You can add
email@example.com to any list you'd like. For mailman and Majordomo lists we automatically accept the email verification challenges. Feel free to contact us to get a subscription to any mailing list you want.
- @SnoozeThis firstname.lastname@example.org has new message from email@example.com
Waiting for something else (pull)
You can setup a web page that simply returns yes or no (and nothing else), based on your own logic. Then, ask SnoozeThis
[url] returns yes. SnoozeThis will periodically poll your website to check if it returns yes. If so, it will notify you.
Create a web page that checks the current bitcoin price and return yes if it drops below $ 1,000.
<?php $usd = json_decode(file_get_contents('https://min-api.cryptocompare.com/data/price?fsym=BTC&tsyms=USD'))->USD; echo $usd < 1000 ? 'yes' : 'no';
- @SnoozeThis https://example.com/my/api.php returns yes
Waiting for something else (push/webhook)
As an alternative to the above you can also notify SnoozeThis directly by calling a webhook. Type
@SnoozeThis new-webook [description] and then go to the Snooze status page. There you will find the URL that you should call (a simple GET request will do, POST is fine too) when you want the Snooze to be resolved.
Reassign GitHub issue once bug reappears
- @SnoozeThis new-webhook wait for bug to reappear -> assign @Mike
#!/bin/bash grep -m 1 -i segfault <(tail -F /var/log/syslog) && curl https://snoozeth.is/xxx/resolve/yyy